What is the Langkawi Ferry Widget on my Boost app for?
Langkawi Ferry Widget is our new feature which allows our users to purchase ferry ticket directly from Boost App.
How do I book a Ferry ride via Boost App?
To use Langkawi Ferry, please follow below steps:
1) On Boost app, go to "Do more" and select "Transport" > "Ferry".
2) Enter your Destination details.
3) Select your Date of Departure.
4) Add Time of Departure.
5) Pay the stated amount.
6) Enter your 6-Digit PIN.
7) And you're set to go! Don't forget to shake for your reward!
How many tickets can I purchase in one time?
You may only purchase one ticket at one time for each Boost account (Disclaimer : Return Ticket = 1 Ticket).
What are the destinations for the ferry ride?
As of now, the Langkawi Ferry is only available for below destination only:
1. Kuala Perlis: Jeti Penumpang Kuala Perlis, 02000 Perlis Indera Kayangan.
2. Kuala Kedah: Jeti Penumpang Kuala Kedah, 06600 Kedah Darul Aman.
3. Langkawi: Kaunter Langkawi No.1, 6 & 7, Kompleks Jetty Point, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah Darul Aman.
Can I purchase Langkawi Ferry tickets for children?
Yes, you can purchase ferry tickets for children provided that the date of birth that you key in fits into a child age. Kindly note that Child tickets 3-12 y.o; Adults above 12 y.o.
Children 3 years old and below may enter for Free.
- (Disclaimer: At the gantry, should the person in charge found that the ticket bought for children is used by an adult, users are required to pay the ticket difference on the spot or his/her entry will be denied).
Why does Langkawi ferry requesting my personal details that are already in my Boost account?
Please be informed that this is a requirement by Jabatan Laut Malaysia for all passengers to make a declaration of their travel.
Is all my details secure when I purchase a ticket via the Langkawi ferry Widget?
Yes, Please be informed that all details entered during purchase is for sole usage of Jabatan Laut Malaysia (JLM) and Boost does not keep any of the information given.
What does an "Error" message mean when I tried to purchase the ticket?
In a situation where an Error message is prompt, please be informed that :-
1. You have exceeded the booking time (20min duration time during purchase at "Confirm & Pay")
2. Tickets are Sold out.
3. The time selected/purchased are recently made unavailable. This is due to the change of time for departure made by the Ferry company.
How do I get the ticket once I have successfully purchased it?
Once the payment is successful, your successful ticket will be given in QR code at the 'Active' page.
Please be informed that you will be given two QR code for return tickets.
- (Disclaimer ; Users may only slide to reveal the QR code 6 hours prior to the departure time. An error message "Unable to redeem" will be prompted if you slide to reveal the QR 6 hours before the departure time).
Where do I check my Purchased ticket?
To view your purchased ticket, follow these simple steps:-
1. Go to "Profile" > "Purchase" > "Active" .
2. At the "Active" page, slide right to reveal the QR code.
- (Disclaimer: Both used or unused ticket will be move to "Completed" page under "Purchase" once you exit the page.
I accidentally input the wrong details upon purchasing my Ticket.
Please be reminded to input your own details correctly as any incorrect details reflected in your purchase may invalidate your trip & FLV reserves the rights to do deny your entry onboard.
How do I request a Refund if I did not use the ticket?
Please be informed that all purchased tickets are non refundable.
For your reference, all refund ticket policy is strictly by Langkawi ferry Ventures operators. In a situation where the departure timing is being change by the Ferry company or trips that are cancelled due to unexpected cause (i.e weather condition etc), rest assured that FLV will contact you directly and proceed to board you on the next available ferry base on seating availability to the best abilities of the operator.
Can I choose my seat?
No, your seat will be given to you automatically once you purchased the ticket.
Why cant I open my QR code?
Please be informed that your QR Code will only be made available 6 hours before your departure time. However, the QR code will only be accepted four(4) hours before departure time.
Why is my QR invalid?
Please be reminded that your QR will not be valid post 2 hours after your departure time. Please also be reminded to keep you phone's screen lighting at high to enable for easy scanning.
Can I scan in at the location that is not as purchased on my ticket?
No, the entry will prompt a message "Invalid Station" and your entry will be denied if you scan at the station that is not stated in your purchased ticket.
Can I still use my QR code if the Ferry got delayed?
In the case where there is a delay, search for your purchased ticket in "Completed". If your respected ticket is still in the "Completed" list, the QR can still be used (depending on the Ferry).
Where can I get the Terms & Condition of Langkawi Ferry?
You may find the Terms & Condition of the Langkawi ferry here :-
How do I contact for support?
You can contact the Langkawi Ferry support line at :
+60 17-4899 885
8:30AM to 5:30PM daily