How do I update my account details?
Account details can be updated in your "Profile" in the Boost app. You can change your name, email, password, transaction PIN, mobile operator and even your payment options. Click on the account details that you wish to update and follow the on-screen instructions to update your account details.
Can I change the mobile network tagged to my mobile number?
If you have ported-out from your previous mobile network to a new network via the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process, you can easily switch the mobile network tagged to your current mobile number. *Please do this only after successful completion of the MNP process. Follow the below steps to change mobile Network:
- Go to "Profile" page
- Click on the edit icon
- On "Personal Details" page go to "current Telco" and select your New Telco provider and confirm
- App will sign you out automatically, so please sign in again
I selected the wrong mobile operator, how do I re-select my mobile operator?
To change your mobile operator:
- Scroll to your “Profile” page
- Click on the “Account settings”
- On the Mobile Details, select the "edit" icon and select your correct mobile Telco and you will be signed out of Boost
- Sign back into Boost
- Check your “Profile” screen that your mobile operator is correct
If the issue persists, please share your details with us by submitting a request. We're happy to help you out!
What are the payment options available in Boost app and how to view them?
There are 3 payment options available on Boost:
- Online Banking (choose from 17 of our online banking partners)
- Credit Cards (Visa & Mastercard)
- Debit Cards (Visa & Mastercard)
- Boost payment options can be viewed from the Boost Home page:
Click on Boost wallet icon on the top right corner of the Boost Home page
- You will be taken to the "Add money" page, where you can choose an existing payment option or add a new one
- To see the list of payment options that Boost currently supports, click on "Add Payment Type" OR from the Boost Profile page:
- Click on your "Profile"
- Click on the "Add payment” button under the "Payments" section
- Select your preferred payment type from the list of options that Boost currently supports
Why are my preferred payment options not available on Boost?
We are working on getting more and more banks and cards added to our list. While we're on it, you're welcome to try another payment option! You can stay updated to our latest news by following our Facebook page @myboostapp
How do I delete a payment option?
You can delete your existing payment option by following the steps below:
- Go to your "Profile"
- Click on the "Delete" icon on the right side of the payment option you wish to delete
- Once confirmed, your payment option will be deleted
Can I use my international debit or credit card on my Boost wallet?
Boost only supports Malaysia-issued Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards. We have plans to expand our range of payment options. Stay updated by following us on our Facebook page @myboostapp
Why is my saved card not visible when I sign into a new device?
To ensure your wallet’s security, we will remove your saved credit/ debit details. Reenter your card details to start transacting!
Why is my saved card removed when I try to add money into my wallet?
If we detect transactions that are irregular, to ensure your wallet’s security, we will remove your saved credit/ debit details. Re-enter your card details to start transacting!
How do I delete a card in my Boost Wallet?
To delete your Bank details, follow the steps below:
- Tap the "Wallet" icon or the Add icon on the top right of the page.
- At the Wallet page, tap the icon "edit" .
- Scroll down to "Cash In Options", and tap the "Delete" icon for the bank card you wish to delete.
- select "Yes" to confirm.
Why am I unable to add my debit card, credit card or bank account?
There are various reasons why you may be unable to add your debit card, credit card or bank account. Please check and eliminate all the below-mentioned issues generally related to this.
If you are adding a debit or credit card, check if:
- Your card is from a locally issued bank
- Your card belongs to either Visa or Mastercard
- Your card has expired
- Your card details are entered correctly
- You have registered your mobile number correctly with the bank that issued your card. If you have registered it correctly, you should have received a TAC from your bank when you are adding your debit or credit card.
- Your bank account has sufficient funds
- Your card has hit the spending limit for the month
- The connectivity of your mobile network and whether you can receive SMS. If you cannot receive the TAC code through SMS from your issuing bank, you will not be able to add your debit or credit card.
- You are able to log in to your bank's online portal. Your bank's online portal might be under maintenance, especially during periods between 11.30pm to 1.30am.
If you are adding a bank account, check if:
- You are able to log in to your bank's online portal. Your bank's online portal might be under maintenance, especially during periods between 11.30pm to 1.30am
- Check if your bank account require any additional permissions in adding a new payee If all else is fine, try another mode of payment.
- Otherwise, please submit a request and fill in more details. We're happy to help you out!
Why is my Boost wallet balance not reflecting the money I recently sent out?
Your Boost wallet balance might not be updated due to:
- Your Boost app is taking longer than expected to update your Boost Balance. You can try to close the Boost App and re-open it to refresh your Boost wallet balance.
- Your internet connectivity is poor and Boost has not been able to update your recent transfers.
- If this issue persists, please submit a request and we will assist you!
There are unrecognised charges from Boost on my bank statement
If you see an unfamiliar charge from Boost on your debit/credit card or bank account, please follow the steps below to verify your transactions:
Check your recent transactions on the Boost "Transactions" page and verify if there was any charge to your debit/credit card or bank account.
An unrecognised charge may also be a small authorization hold of RM4, which is never actually charged to your account, but may appear as “pending”. All authorization holds are voided within a few business days, depending on your bank’s policy. We issue authorization holds as a way to validate your card and to better protect against fraud that may result from unauthorized card usage.
Check with your friends and family if they have used your payment information on their Boost account without notifying you. If you are still unable to recognize a Boost charge on your account, please share more details by submitting a request. We will help you to investigate.
Why is my wallet balance lower than expected even though I did not make any transactions?
In the event that you suspect an unauthorized transaction, please check your "Transactions" history and immediately inform us by submitting a request. We will investigate and take the necessary steps to resolve the issue.
Why is my wallet balance not updated even after my bank account has been debited?
In the event an amount is deducted from your debit card/credit card or bank account and your Boost Wallet balance is not duly updated, please contact us by submitting a request and attach a copy of your bank or credit card statement as proof of transaction. We will investigate and take the necessary steps to rectify the issue.
Will my Boost Wallet balance expire?
Your Boost wallet balance will never expire just like any bank account balance. You will be able to use it whenever you want to pay at any of our participating merchants, purchase Digital vouchers, top up your mobile credit, and send money to your family and friends for FREE.
Why does my bank account show multiple identical charges from Boost?
We recommend to check your "Transaction" history in the Boost app to confirm that you did not accidentally add identical amount into your Boost Wallet twice.
We also recommend to check in with your bank. Sometimes a duplicate charge is actually a pending hold that will be automatically removed from your statement.
If you have confirmed that your account has duplicate charges and you suspect that one or more of these charges is an error, please let us know by submitting a request. We're happy to review and make necessary adjustments.
What does it mean that I have reached my wallet limit?
You will be prompted a message that says "You have reached your wallet limit" in one of the following situations:
You tried to add money into your Boost Wallet but your wallet balance is already reaching the maximum limit i.e Basic Wallet is RM200; Premium Wallet is RM1,500
Your friend tried to send you money, but your wallet balance is already reaching the wallet limit.
In order for you to add more money into your wallet balance or receive incoming money transfer, you will need to do the following:
If you are on a Basic Wallet, you will need to utilize some of your wallet balance or upgrade to a Premium Wallet for FREE with a higher wallet limit of RM1,500.
If you are on a Premium Wallet, you will need to utilize some of your wallet balance.
Is there any minimum payment amount required to pay with Boost?
There are no minimum payment amount required to pay with Boost.
How do I scan & pay a QR code from my Boost app?
- You can scan a QR code from the Scan & Pay feature available on your 'Home' tab,
- Go to the bottom of the page
- Tap on "Scan & Pay" and that's it!
How do I make an in-app purchase from my Boost app?
From 14th September 2018, you can do more within your Boost app!
To make an in-app purchase, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the "Do More" tab
- Go to either "Online Shopping", "Food Delivery" or "Transport" and you'll be directed to our partners' mobile site instantly!
- The selected partners' mobile site will open in the Boost App as a web view. Pay for your purchase(s) with Boost by entering your 6 digit PIN to confirm payment.
- Upon successful payment, you will receive an order confirmation and directed to partners’ success page on the spot.
- To view your purchase(s) receipt / ticket, go to "Profile" tab and you'll be able to see all* of them under “My purchases”.
*For Online Shopping & Food Delivery - you'll be able to see your purchase(s) until item is delivered
*For Transport - you'll be able to see your purchase(s) until the ride is completed
Can I request to reissue my e-receipt?
Sure! You may request the e-receipt through your registered email on our system.
How I can obtain my e-receipt after payment made?
Your e-receipt will be sent to the verified email that you have registered in your Boost account. To check your email address registered in Boost, follow these simple steps :
- Navigate to "Profile", select on "Account Settings",
- Reconfirm your email.
- Kindly be reminded that you will receive e-receipt for selected bill payments only (i.e. Utility Bills ; Postpaid Bill Payments, etc) refer to "Pay Bills" page at "Do More" on Boost app to get list of Bill payments that you can make Via Boost app!
Why am I experiencing technical difficulties with Boost?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties while using Boost, do ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of Boost from the Google Play store or Apple App store as we continuously update the app with new features. If you are already running the most updated version of Boost and are still experiencing technical difficulties, please submit a request and we will be right with you!
Why Im getting maximum device error when I try to use Boost on my newly purchased device?
If you receive a maximum device error / device limitation while using Boost, do ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of Boost from the Google Play store or Apple App store as we continuously update the app with new features. If you are already running the most updated version of Boost and are still getting the maximum device error / device limitation, please submit a request email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Message us on our visit our Facebook page @myboostapp and we will be right with you!