Please take note of this important security notice to ensure you protect your personal information, login & transaction credentials, and your computer/mobile device.
- DO NOT install any application or .apk file from unknown sources, including social media advertisements or unknown players in games
- DO NOT tap on ‘Allow’ for any unknown application seeking permission to access your SMS.
- DO NOT disclose your confidential information and credentials such as your financial details, login credentials, one-time password (OTP) and transaction credentials
- DO NOT reuse the same username and password that you use for social networking for your financial facilities
- DO NOT write & save your login details, e.g. whiteboard, sticky notes, WhatsApp, or desktop notes
- DO NOT post personal information on social media or the internet e.g., your credit or debit card, national ID
- DO NOT open suspicious text, pop-up windows or click on links or attachments in emails/SMS from unknown sources
- DO NOT respond to requests claiming to be from law enforcement, court, LHDN, BNM, bank, or Boost seeking you to validate or provide your personal information.
- DO NOT make any transaction on non-encrypted websites. The lock symbol and related URL containing https:// means that the connection between web browser and the website server is encrypted
- DO NOT create a password or PIN that are easily guessable like i.e; birthdate, Identification number
- DO NOT connect to unknown WIFI or public network. If in any case you need to connect to public network, ensure to use a VPN for extra security.
- Always update the operating system and application on smartphone and browser, to avoid any malicious exploit of security vulnerabilities in outdated version
- Only download apps from official App store, Play Store or Huawei AppGallery
- Be wary of websites before performing any transaction, verify if the website is secure by checking the URL and using HTTPS. The URL must begin with a https://, and your browser must show an icon of a closed padlock.
- Review the full URL prior to accessing any URL to avoid malicious URL. E.g. b00st.my, www.mmyboost.com, www.myboost.de
- Maintain awareness of your surroundings to prevent shoulder surfing. Observe if anyone suspicious looking at your screen to steal your pin or credentials
- Create a strong and unique password with combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols to increase the complexity of your password
- Track your transaction history and financial statement regularly to ensure there are no unauthorized transactions.
- Always review the transaction details and merchant name before proceeding to make a payment
- Protect your devices by running anti-virus regularly
- Activate auto-lock screen and enable security measure on your smartphone such as biometric authentication and facial recognition.
NOTE: Please be reminded that Boost will never ask for your personal login information. If in doubt, contact our official communication channel for verification on Boost related matters.
While we continue to take effective measures to safeguard your privacy and confidentiality, it is also your responsibility to always keep your login credentials and PIN secure, including at your place of residence or work.